Another ASV failure

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by QwikDraw, Dec 6, 2009.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Their not going to cancel your extended warranty, especially if you buy from the OEM. Buy it from some aftermarket provider, maybe I could see that.

2. QwikDraw

QwikDraw LawnSite Member

tractorbynet..in the construction equipment area.

If I could get 15K as is...I'd be happy.

3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

you never know, lots of dealerships are hurting and if they need to move a machine they might work with you on it. Good luck, deffinetly keep us updated.

4. GWhunter

GWhunter LawnSite Senior Member

TBN is TractorbyNet another popular site. Ted what are you planning on having the new hire run if the AVS sits? Could you do a long term rental on a skid and just use your fecon on the rental? Do you NEED a track machine? If you could run a ott on a wheeled skid you can probably pick a used on up for the cost of the replacement motor. I'm really sorry for your troubles in this market.

Matt

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That sucks, hope it isn't as bad as it may seem.

As for the extended warranty, it would depend on the fine print I think.

6. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, Start asking around for a mechanic that works out of his house, a guy like this will be more likely to jerry rig it enough to auction it off. Sad thing to do, but sometimes you have too. Rent until you get things figured out.

7. QwikDraw

QwikDraw LawnSite Member

Matt,

I really need a guy for hand work first then operating. i have an option on another 80 miles of ROW mowing and I need a hand crew. I have thought about the OTT skid and still may go that route.

Last week I came up with a financial plan and things were looking really good..then this. The Fecon was getting paid off this month...not now.

No matter what, I want out of this machine. Now I have to decide if I should fix it and sell it or just dump it.

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Keep drinking the Koolaid.
    It is all about profit.

9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I take it the next machine wont be ASV?

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There is no Koolaid. Its a service plan you pay for. What are they going to do take your money and cancel your extended warranty? No I don't think so. The profit is factored into the cost of the warranty.