Another ASV failure

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by QwikDraw, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Ron...with all due respect...you change machine brands as much as most people change their underwear :rolleyes:

You may have owned damn near every brand out there, but I don't think you're qualified to make a blanket statement like that until you've owned an ASV machine. I know that I can't speak for all ASV owners out there, and while I don't think ASV has the best fit and finish out there, the quality has been just fine.

BTW...the only engine having trouble was the 2.2L turboed engine. Unless, CAT has been having major problems with their Backhoes, telehandlers, large frame skids, etc., I think the 4.4L engines, the 3.3L engines (Mitsubishi not even CAT) and the naturally aspirated 2.2L engines have been pretty good at least from what I've heard.

In a year you'll be bagging the Takeuchi for something. What happens when you run out of OEMs to run? Bobcat again?:nono:

2. DeereMan85

DeereMan85 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Deere???????????????????????? Thumbs Up

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

T.S.S i have a final in my shop off my deere that looks exactly like that. and i just did the second one because the rear seal blew. i feel your pain.

how much oil did that drive have in it when you pulled the cover? i would say none it just had a sticky slimmy grease in it.

4. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

No, Ron will be bragging about his Racoon.

7%5Cskidsteer%5Cimg%5C200929112624.jpg

7%5Cskidsteer%5Cimg%5C200929112624.jpg

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha thats why i like you! ahhhh hahaha

6. Hanau

Hanau LawnSite Bronze Member

"My Racoon is the only skidsteer on the market with a pull cord. I don't have to mess around with those unreliable electric starters."

Future quote from Ron.

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I run the CAT-FAE mulcher on my bobcat. The mulching trap door uses low-flow hydraulics to open and close. On my CAT 272c, it worked on the existing plumbing. On Bobcat, you have to get secondary auxiliary hydraulics (rear hydraulics too) to operate. I am plumbed now for rear and have the diverter block but I closed off the rear hydraulics because they would get hung up in the woods. The book makes the process look easy. My dealer is top notch but had much trouble getting the secondary auxiliary and rear hydraulics plumbed. It added about 3k to the cost of my machine and still leaks on occasion along with error codes but it allows me to operate that trap door.
    When I bought the mulcher Bobcat didn't have it's fecon/Bobcat mulcher out so I went with the CAT mulcher. It works good but would be so much easier if the door was operated by electric over hydraulic that I could plug into my round port on my 330.

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

As Jeff said in is much more detailed post the extended warranty is for the manufacturer to profit from. If you Mulch with a machine for 5000 hours and it accrues repair bills at a rate that people are posting the manufacturer will just void the warranty when it becomes a negative asset. No manufacturer basis there extended warranty costs off of a machine used for mulching.

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Cat is having issues with the 4 liters now, they are Cat painted Perkins, since Perkins went away with the sleeved blocks, nothing but problems, it all starts with oil burning.
    The company we hire for crushing has a little Cat/Perkins 6 banger, he burns about 5 gallons of oil every 2 weeks, and the engine is only 2 years old.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I got a copy of the warranty. Forestry is excluded in this warranty, might be included in others certainly at a higher rate.

The money is also higher since I last checked.

I could get 5 year 3K hour bumper to bumper for $6500. They do have 5 year 5K hour and it was like $11K. I will post the paperwork when I have a minute.

TSS your final would have been covered as a CASE anyway. Unless you ran it out of oil or something it specifically says that the finals are covered assuming you still had coverage.