1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another billy goat question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PtsLwnCr, Oct 1, 2003.

1. PtsLwnCr

PtsLwnCr LawnSite Member

I bought an 11 hp billy goat and a 6x10 dump trailer last spring, I got everything too late so I didnt set it up right -I had the billy goat in teh back of my truck and shot the leaves in to the trailer which did not work very well. Anyone that has a good system suggestion or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help
  2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

did you make a leaf box???
  3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased mine Monday. I am mounting mine over the tounge of the trailer so that I can fill the trailer and ther truck. I am removing the tailgate and mounting it high enough not to pinch it during turns. If you have access to a welder i think that is the way to go. It gives you more versatility too. If you make it removeable from the trailer and have the drop hitch mount you could leave the trailer home during the small jobs..
  4. PtsLwnCr

PtsLwnCr LawnSite Member

i did build a box on the trailer but it was a pain sliding the machine in and out of the back of the truck. also i had lots of dust coming out of the trailer.