another biz. start-up (not a lco)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by P.Services, Mar 17, 2008.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

im thinking/99% sure i am going to start another biz. its going to be a company that does
    1) vehicle decals
    2) printing (fliers,brioches,door hangers,anything on paper)
    3) banners and signs
    4) screen printing for t-shirts and coats
    5) web site design and maintenance (maybe)
    6) direct mailing and customer list sales (maybe)
    7) photographer to take pics for a company website (maybe)

you guys get the idea, its all stuff i need for my landscape biz. so if im going to buy all the equipment to make decals and shirts and lawnsigns for my self i might as well make some cash at it to. and if i dont move a lot of stuff thats fine because the main purpose will be to serve my other biz. im looking into renting a decent size office building so im going to put my office for picasso ser. in one half and the printing biz in the other half.
    my older brother is really into computers and technology and a great photographer so he will run it and do the work to start with.

what do you guys think?
    any thoughts for a name?
    anything else the biz should offer?

and all lawnsite members will get wholesale prices!!!!!!:waving:

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

come on bump!!!

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, GO FOR IT!! I love starting businesses (I've started and sold 3, aside from landscaping) so I'd say it is a great idea, especially if your brother wants to run it.

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

It is all about the money. Have you got enough of it to do it right?

5. Lawnworks

from usa

What businesses have started and sold before you were 17?

6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Its easy to start a business but its hard to keep a business and if you have already sold 3 then you don't know how to run a business but only start them....

7. PlatinumLandCon

The first business was a small graphics design company I was doing with 2 friends. We did web/graphic/flash design. They did the technical work, I did the business stuff. Sold leads to another graphic design firm, then closed. Second was a mobile auto detailing company. I had this slick unit that would fit in the back of my mom's van and she'd drive me to clients. Sold to my cousin. Third is a small clothing company. Its a young artist fueled company where we made small runs (500-1000) of unique t-shirts, sell them at a premium. Now I'm here:waving:.

I'm seriously debating helping a friend with starting an auto detailing company since my non-compete expired in January. I might also start a junk removal service this summer (I've got the truck, so why not?).

I get my rush from starting and growing a business. I've learned to put up with BS, network, make deals, etc and I think I'm gettin pretty good:D

8. PlatinumLandCon

Or I know how to create a successful business model...:confused:. I enjoy starting a business and letting people take over. Some people don't like doing all the little things needed to get a business off the ground. Its the same as some people like early mornings and the sunrise while others like to sleep-in, everyone has preferences.

9. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I get a kick out of these guys on here. You are what, 17 years old and have the ambition to start all these endeavors, I say good for you and keep it up. Even though you still have alot to learn, which most people your age usually do, I bet you are more focused than most on here where at 17, including myself. Hell, all I cared about was sports and girls at your age. Keep it up and imagine where you could be in 20 years.:clapping:

10. Lawnworks

from usa

That is true.

But if you don't learn how to save your money and be financially responsible... in 20 years you might have just as much networth as you do now.... except w/ higher payments.