Another blade switch burned out on my Super Z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by CharlieBingo, Sep 16, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really hoping someone can help. This is the 5th or 6th switch in a couple of months. My local dealer has been great but they just keep blowing. They tried some piggy back plug or wire,but now the switches are burning up again. I really need this machine to not break down it's only 4 months old and my business is really suffering please help!
  2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we had the same problem on 2 of z's... my dealer finally figured out the fan for the hydro cooler kept shorting something out.....
  3. stp4345

stp4345 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Where do you have the throttle at when you engage the blades? You need to have it at 1/2 or lower to engage the blades never any higher throttle than that.

My web sight
  4. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

So Hustler, I guess I'm on my own? I'm very dissapointed, I really expected better customer service or at least a response!
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sorry I missed your post.
    Who is your dealer?
    Please e-mail me your info name, phone # and any info you may have used when you purchased your mower (company name).
    I also need your mower model and serial # and date of purchase.
    E-mail it to and I will get in contact with our CS department and make sure someone gets a hold of your dealer and gets this resolved ASAP.