Another Business - what would it be??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Aug 6, 2007.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

If you had the chance to keep the lawn care biz running, and maybe expand into something else what would you do & why? Bare in mind you have or can get the money!

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I would like to do repo work or something like that. Or may be even a bail bonds operation.

3. weathervane

weathervane LawnSite Member
    from mass

bar\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

4. Espacesverts

Espacesverts LawnSite Member

I would like to do some transport with a 3-4 trucks operation

5. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

SNOW CONE STAND!!!! Sugar water and ice for $3!!!! That is alot more profit than I make cuttin grass.

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

YEP .. I'm in that process right now ....open date is Sept .... 10k sq ft pool hall ... 20 tables ... poker, darts, .... I'll post the web-site when we open in 30 days ....gonna be close .... Brunswick is deliver'n the tables in 2 weeks (that was +$100k gone in a moment)

Than over the coarse of 5 years ... I'll be out of the lawn care ....my foreman will be the new me

The outside ...back in June ... the new stucco & exterior should be done by the 20th

Interior photo is from May .... had a huge hold up ripping out the old pool (was a work out gym) ...n the plumbing was a nightmare .... dry wall is up now n the electic should be done weeks end ... than pour the floor ....drop ceiling ...carpet ...tile ....bar ....on n on ....

ALL this during my busy time .....but I got a great foreman n some good workers

a5.JPG

Dsc01851.jpg

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey that looks like a cool place! Good investment I assume and hope all goes well for ya in the new endeaver!

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

That looks awesome, if I ever get down that way I will surely stop by :drinkup: Along a similar line, I would open a bowling alley myself...old school type, dark, dingy, smoky...:laugh:

Of course if money was truly NO OBJECT I would just buy an NFL team. I would be the scrub owner sitting in the owner's suite in a tank top swiggin' a Budweiser on camera :laugh:

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Real Estate Investing.

Tim

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

When we open .... there will be an OPEN invite to ANY member (of age) to come in n let me buy em a drink ...play some pool or cards

I'd show some more photo's but we want the finished look to be a total suprise to everyone

Lots of Tourney's .... bring'n em in from GA, SC ..... APA stuff ....BCA .... Pro's guest spots ....Sprint tour fore the Pro Ladies .... Good Stuff

On a side note the man whom owns the shopping center had one of the larger Tree services in Miami ...when Andrew hit .... he retired ...n started buy Real Estate ...n to say he has done well is an understatement