Another check out my logo thread!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LushGreenLawn, Feb 20, 2011.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys,

I would like some opinions on my logo. Main questions are...

Do you like it.

Should I keep the butterfly? The butterfly was added to draw attention and make people see the rest of the logo, but I'm worried it may be a little cartoonish. It would have to be dumbed down a little to embroider on shirts, but this is what I would look to put on the truck and enclosed trailer, brochures, ect. I was not sure how to upload a PDF so here is a link to the attachment in my email.

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...884&sads=huFkqs79QZtF50Hl-RJoQm0bmiI&sadssc=1

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Unfortunately, it appears you need to have a google account to view your logo.
    Of which I do not, so I couldn't say.

3. Lefet

Ok, I tried that and yes it did work. Only problem was, it was a business card, not a logo. Never saw a butterfly.

4. LushGreenLawn

Wow, here is another try, this should work. I deleted the previous post.

I'm better at taking care of lawns that I am at uploading files, I swear!

Attached Files:

5. Lefet

1) Yes, that did work.

2) Yes, the butterfly does look a tad cartoonish.

3) No, I can't say that I like it. I don't DISLIKE it, but it looks pretty generic.
    You need some color (which you tried with the butterfly) the rest is green and flat. Also, If it were my logo, I wouldn't want a question on it. "Is your lawn a lush green lawn".
    My logo would make a statement about what I do.
    Do you fert & squirt?
    Strictly maintnenance?
    Irrigation?

Leaves too many questions more than answers.
    I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just giving you my opinion.

6. LushGreenLawn

Thanks,

All opinions are appreciated, good and bad. I tried to keep it simple so it would be memorable and work for embroidery and vinyl for our trucks and trailers, but mabye it is a little to simple.

Please keep the comments coming guys.

7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I like the lower one. The only problem I see is if you get two big like I am sure you hope to do someday, the largest fertilizer company usus a orang butterfly in their logo

8. LushGreenLawn

What company are you talking about? The biggest 3 around here are TGL, Scotts, and Lawn Doctor, and none of them have a butterfly.

I have decided on the blue actually though, because research shows that customers respond better to blue. I'm just not sure if I could cut the butterfly and just leave the grass plant, or leave the butterfly.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Drop the butterfly. I would not make the tag line part of your logo. You can have a tag line, but just would not want it with your logo. You may want to change it someday....or today...lol.

10. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

those are the biggest companies around here and check their websites, one of the uses a large butterfly. i'll give you a hint the website is www.ScottsLawnservice.com