Another Cheetah question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Curtis, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

With the light front end will it still be possible to run a grass catcher on the back ? I guess the fold down ropes won't be any problem. Trying to see how versatile this machine might be. I have some big yards that are kinda rough don't know if the speed would help out or not. Those run flats on the front end might need to be pneumatic to smooth that ride out.

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

The bagger kit comes with a weight bar setup to be installed on the front to help counter the added weight off the back. I have air filled on the front and run them as low as possible. It really helps the ride.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

my jd has semi-pneumatic tires on the front and i have no suspension seat or anything. it's fine to me but i usually mow around 8-9mph or so. having the suspension platform on the cheetah i wouldn't think the run flat tires would be a problem.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Unless you've run a machine with a set of pneumatics on the front, you won't believe what a difference they make. I believe that they make as much, or more of a difference than a suspension seat/platform can/does. Especially when you find the sweet spot to run them at. I was looking hard at a TT, but just found a smokin' deal ona Z950, so next week I believe I will close that deal instead. I have already talked to the dealer about having pneumatics installed on the front. My Z720 rides 10 times better than that 960 I ran last fall did with the run flats on it.

5. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Scag's grass catchers come with suitcase weights to balance the front end. They work on all Scag models.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i had pneumatics on the husqvarna i used at the beginning of last season. i'm sure it helps some i just wouldn't wanna deal with those tires coming off the bead down the road and going flat. i wouldn't go with pneumatics ever again but that's just me. a suspension seat would make up for it. i don't have either and i'm doing ok. :laugh:

7. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

amen........

8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Run flats are hard on the frame as well as your body. I see Jason doesn't have this problem. He's in a league of his own I guess. Heck, he doesn't even have a suspension seat and thinks it rides smooth as butter. I've had one front tire pop the bead. Within 5 minutes I had it aired up and going again. I'll take that over a cracked frame or beat up body any day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's just because you're a young guy yet Jason. Just wait until you have a few more years on you. WOW! It hurts just tying my shoes some days.:laugh:

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

36 isn't young!!! :laugh: