another clown in the lawn service

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BMFD92, Aug 23, 2007.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/grd/398475136.html

i called this guy up to screw with him and told him i need 1.5 acres cut and that he has to use a push mower and asked if he could do it for 30 dollars he says and he said that he cant do it. What a clown. i would think someone who claims they have 15 years experience would know what to charge and have there own equipment.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Whats the deal with craigslist.Is it free adds? Do you really think this is your competition?

3. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

yea its free ads. people post on them. No i dont worry about a guy like this is just crazy seeing people charge like this. He obviously isnt to successful.

4. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah you get a lot of clowns in those ads as they are free, and a lot of times you get crappy clients who want it done for pretty much nothing, but every once in a while you get a good client from these sites. I in fact have 3 clients I got from craigslist. 2 of which are reg residential and one, get this. Is a home builder :) i was stoked to get in good with him as he now has me taking care of 3 of his homes that he just finished building and plans on using me for his landscaping job installs also. So don't knock it, as its not all bad stuff.