Another Cold Snap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles, Apr 15, 2001.

1. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Suppose to get down to freezing at night in SC this week for a couple of days. Last week 90s this week 50s and freezing nights. I for one am tired of this roller coaster weather and sick of the cold boomerranging back and forth. Least we did have some rain today

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

It's been beutiful here for the past 3 weeks or so, and guess what happens on Easter out of the blue? Yup! It snowed all day!

Who knows who's turning that switch!

3. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Dito,
    I think I quit my winter job a little to soon. It's going to snow next week here in western NY. man I cant believe it .

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Just heard that there's a chance of snow in the high areas close by. Whats going on with this whacky weather?

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We could get snow flurries here for the next 2 days. I've mowed while it was snowing before, not a biggy. :)

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

It's always been normal to get a late cold snap before Easter, this one will be a little late. Going all the way down into the 70's again here................darn!

7. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Suppose to get down below freezing here on Tues. Night! and we are in the Ozarks! Kinda hard on those flower beds!

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Better enjoy it, it will probably be the last cool temps for a while. In 2 months everyone will be wishing for this again. :cool:

9. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Northern weather, isn't it great. LOL. Been there, done that!

10. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

65HOSS got that right. I don't usually run the AC till late may or june. I've had to run it for almost 2 weeks already. Seems we went from winter to summer in one week, I welcome the cooler temps myself, it will be hot enough soon enough.