Another company naming question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tamo, Dec 15, 2006.

1. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

Thanks for any input I know there are tons of these threads.

I started my operation last spring just using my name. I kept the business small while working a full-time job. this year I'm going all-in so I need a real name.

I've been thinking about using Legends Landscaping. Not sure where I got the name from but I keep coming back to it as I bang around ideas. I already have a designer working on a logo that features a character.

what do you guys think? I think its unqiue enough, but still sounds professional. I think with a good character it could stand out.

thanks again.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I see nothing wrong with that, sounds good.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

For once I agree with Topsites :laugh:

Sounds like a good company name.

4. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds really good - professional.
    would love to see the logo when you have something you like.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Yup sounds good to me.

6. spoo

spoo LawnSite Member

Legends sounds good - any idea on a logo or charcter?

7. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

I had one designer come up with a character that kinda looks like Mario from Nintendo. I want something that stands out, but maybe a little more "human-like"

i want the guy to be holding something. I know some people don't like having push mowers in ads but I think it might look cool.

8. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

I like it. However imo your name should not only state what you do but where you work. Example: Western Legend Landscaping. Just an idea.

9. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good and original

10. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

I've narrowed my idea down a little more. I'll have Legends Landscaping arched over the character, and my slogan Your Yard is Our Reputation underneath.

right now my character is a muscular guy pushing a mower and tipping his hat.

I think it might be a little boring and I'm wondering if I should have something other than a human pushing the mower. I'm thinking of having the designer use a rhino or another animal pushing the mower. For some reason I think the rhino would look good and stand out. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

thoughts? is a rhino too ridiculous for a logo?

thanks for the input I really appreciate and respect everyone's opinions here.