Another compressor set-up

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Ground Master, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Puts out around 30 to 35 cfm, works very well on the residential systems I do. Only 1 zone at a time though.

DSC03164.JPG

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good, but it would slow me down too much. I've gotta have 2-3 zones at a time or I'm running behind.

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a new compressor with new hose. Good for upto 6 residential zones at once, keeping it down to 3 or 4 depending on how many zones the system is. It was great to pull into a 13 zone and be on way within 12 minutes.

I like the set up a lot, don't have to worry about a towable being behind you.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The one nice thing about a rig like that is that you can kind of get a good overview of the system in operation, one zone at a time, with an eye towards taking notes on any repair work needed next spring. And for the systems where the valve locations are unknown, it will get winterized one zone at a time anyway. What's the air hose size?

5. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

120' of 3/4" goodyear hose

6. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

another downside to those 2 stroke pumpers, they are LOUD. everyone knows you're there with them.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

A single-stage reciprocating pump with head unloaders is fairly quiet.

8. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

how often do you guys do the winterization by the valves? It is no doubt quicker/easier but most of the time the valves are either a pain to get to or are a pain to operate around here.

9. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

90% of the time i use the timer, with a helper. i only use the valves if it's a smaller system and it's all manifolded close together. we can do as many as 20 a day, but usually around 17, due to scheduling on time appts.

pg

10. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You guys don't jumper the clock to run at least 2-3 zones at once?