Another contract-Give opinions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by precisioncut, Dec 14, 2003.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

This is what I intend to use next year. Trying to get it right, so if anyone can help please do. Give your comments and things that could be changed.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

not too bad. Doesn't leave you much room for upsells. I would recomend a min of 4-5 step fert program. One reason is that it gives you more income and you are able to keep the grass looking its best all growing season instead of asking client again to fert. JMO

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

take a look at my contract

Attached Files:

4. precisioncut

Very detailed sbvfd592. Maybe I could make it a longer document stating some of things like in yours.
    sildoc-I will be going to a 4-5 fert program but am still searching for a supplier here will one I can addapte for my lawns.

5. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

I'm no attorney but I found an interesting website that explains various aspects of law. It's geared toward Texas law but you might find something useful there.

There are sections on amost everything including contract law and commercial collections.

http://www.weblocator.com/attorney/tx/txlawguide.html

6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I wrote this contract 17 years ago. Have had to use every legal aspect at one time or another and have NEVER LOST. This is my christmas present to you. You can add or delete other services where needed. The (YC) stands for your company intials. Hope this helps use it freely as over the course of years here alot of my competitors do and they never asked. Some are even on this site. LOL

Merry Christmas

Attached Files:

7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I would not pick up trash for free. I would note it as extra service. Such as Litter policing- 100.00 per yr.

Also you should know your labor rates for sprinkler maintenance/repair and so should your customer. Labor rates should be close to the same. Also what about Sprinkler system start up/ Shut down. How much? What about Sub contrators, do you ever plan to use them, such as for those shrubs that may need additonal equipment. Is this your proposal and contract? what about heavy grass clipping do you remove, pick up? If this is for the average residence then it is fine, but if your doing what I call "Highly Visible Commercial Properties" then you may want to include the fine details in your contract. Especially when your delaing with owners in different states and they only know you by your contract and work.

If someone would tell me how to post files on here I would like that also. thanks

8. precisioncut

I have been working on it and did some changes to add those kinda elements in it.
    To post-go down to post reply, at the bottom of the page go to browse, search for the file and add. Then post reply. I didn't know how until days ago.
    Thanks