Another Craigslst "commando"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowbizz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Close to my area but not where he will affect me...a crew with 9 guys..he's gonna have to have 300 accounts to break even. That's not a calculated statement mind you...just a wild guess at the volume he's going to need to make it.
  2. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

A low baller that can't spell the word acre. I'd find out if he is licensed myself. He flaty stated he wants to put others out of business. Fine. Now, the gloves come off. He makes someone else a target, someone else should return the favor. Guys like this deserve to be ganged up on.
  3. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

I think there were only 7 pieces of equipment there. What do the other 2 guys do?
  4. Mowbizz

I don't understand how he can pay a crew of 9 on $20 an acre???
    He has one commercial mower and a couple of 21's...unless there're multiple trailers set up (which I doubt)
    I have a 2 acre property that takes me about 2 hours solo but that's mostly mowing time (lots of beds and in and outs)...the trim and blow only takes a few minutes once under control...and I get $120 weekly for this one.
  5. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

The other day I saw a 21" mower in the the back of a limo. It was crazy, I tried to snap a picture of it but I couldn't get it.
  6. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

at those prices they cant last half a season. once they pay for gas and expences then between 9 of them they are losing money and making .50 an hour or less. EVEN if they are NOT Legit take out for gas for the mowers and trucks they MIGHT make a buck an hour each
  7. Mowbizz

It's you mention it I have seen some "fly by night" setups out there myself...a few man/woman (husband/wife?) teams too. Wasn't like this last season's really prevalent this season...:dizzy:
  8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

When I first started things like this would fry me, now I've come to learn people like this dont last and the people who hire guys like this...I dont want. We are usually good for 2 or 3 late season accounts from the "fly by night" or laid off guys who finally figured out that 10,15 or 20 bucks isn't worth it because typically those same customer's still ***** if they are paying 10 bucks or 30 bucks.
  9. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

Rob the house?
  10. red12

red12 LawnSite Member

I seen a guy that does parking lot striping pulling a trailer of mowers today I gess everyone wants to do it.