1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Another Dealing w/Dealers what to do??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smith Lawn & Landscaping, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys the mowing season is almost upon us and now is the time to get screwed around by dealers. Anyways I went up to my dealer to get my mower serviced and check over i also ordered new bags for the bagging system. Well i got my price and gave him my card and he swiped it it took a little longer than most and then told me i didn't go through and he swiped it again. He came back and told me that the card was declined i said that couldn't be cause i just deposited money in their yesterday. Anyways i said ok and go outside call my bank and ask them if this transaction as gone thru and before i even mentioned the dealers name they told me right off the bat how much it was and what time it went thru. I said ok and i asked the bank to stay on the line and talk to the guy and tell him it went thru and they did. Well after he gets off the phone with the bank he tells me that there is nothing he can do until i pay the money i owe him. I said i did pay u the money and the bank said i did. And he got this attitude and said i will order your parts but you until you pay im keeping your mower???:confused: I said do what?? and i told him if i came up there with my bank statement can i get my parts and my mower he said no he has to have a deposit from the credit card machine. So now i got yards to do this week and all i got left is my 32 hydro to do all these yards and im pretty much screwed. What would yall do about this??? any help would be appreciated and also sorry for the long story.
    Im almost tempted to call my lawyer and ask him what to do.

2. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

I say call the police - sounds like he's stealing your mower!

3. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

You know i never thought about that. The thing that sucks about this dealer is he is the only one around my area that i can get parts for my mowers. Next year im switching to exmark or Toro.

4. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

he needs to call his credit card processor and get his system straightened out. in the meantime, call the police and get your mower. don't mess around. i'd start taking my stuff to the next closest dealer. forget him.

in the process, i'd get a refund and tell him to forget the parts, you don't need em anymore

5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Im gona go up there with my bank statement saying i payed it and it went thru and if he dont go for it then im getting my lawyer. Like i said before he is the only dealer in my area the only other is in NC. And next season im starting fresh with exmark or toro. Im also gona try and talk to the owner of the establishment and see what can be done.

6. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

I talked to my bank and they said that they will reimburse me my money so i dont get screwed out of 287.00 but now im going back and forth with this guy about getting my mower back.

7. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Did you sign a work order? if you didn't then go get you mower free of charge..they have to have a signed work order giving them permission to do the work & that you would pay for the parts & Labor if you didnt sign anything then call the cops and demand your mower back and you'll get it theirs nothing the dealer can do.Just tell the police that he's trying to keep you mower because of false charges...That will burn the shop owners A$$.. let'em know to can play this game!!

8. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

I did sign a work order for them to service and check my mower over. Thats not the problem the problem is i payed for the 45.00, up front and the rest was for the bags i ordered.

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'd call your lawyer and get your mower back. Especially since your transaction did go through there should be no reason for them to keep your mower. Since talking with the bank didn't seem to clear everything up for the dealer, maybe talking to a lawyer would.

10. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

yea thats what i think im gona have to do. I just hate to go thru all that with court and all that takes time away from my business but it also could benefit for my case. Sue him for emotional distress, slowing my business down, and taking money away.