Another Demo Bobcat T300

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by qps, Aug 15, 2007.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I know this will ruffle some feather's but I was not impressed with the bobcat's power and or digging ability's. pilot controls acted as though they were on a time delay...the deere 332 out performed it in every way...the only negative on the deere was its hard to see the bucket due the there loader arm design....the bobcat whined like it had a cat stuck in the engine...can't say to much about that since my 257B does the same thing.....I'll put a few more hours on it and maybe it will grow on me....like a fungus or something:cool2:

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Told you:laugh: I knew thats what you would say

3. cat2

from Mi

Bobcat is a good machine don't get me wrong, but I think Jd will outwork it. I have a Jd and bobcat and I would take the Jd over the bobcat:dizzy: I'm real impressed. Keep us updated

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cat2, I'm still trying to figure out why you have a Bobcat in your avi...

QPS- I too didn't think you would like the Bobcat. I think they're descent machines, it's just that others brands have caught and passed them. At least as the CTLs go.

On the visibility of the Deere, I actually think the visibility to the bucket is very good, along with the back. On the sides is where it took a little time to get used to. I just had to learn to raise the arms up a little more when backdragging, due to where the lift arms sit. But the visibility to the bucket, with a bolt on cutting edge, is better than the Bobcat IMO.

Unless they've lowered their prices some, the Bobcat CTLs have always been fairly salty. I imagine pilot controls might even be a little more. That Deere financing plan with the extra warranty is a sweet deal. I wish they were offering that when I bought mine. Case had the same thing going for a long time. I'm not sure if they've ended it or not.

Anything else on the menu? ASV... New Holland..., or what about a JCB Robot!:cool2:

5. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

yup, the time delay in the controls, and the whine are annoying.
    they need to work on those 2 things, and maybe give a little more drive power.

6. cat2

from Mi

Yea I know I have to change my avi... before I thought bobcat was the best now since I got my Jd I don't think that anymore

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Too bad it was a lousy demo. I'm curious what people will think of the T320.

I'm still waiting for some engineer to reply to why other companies can't design in the push power of a Deere... I suppose I'll have to ask them directly. :(

8. feeling better about my new deere a lot more after them comments.

9. qps

from Indy

The rear and side vision on the deere were good, I still didn't think the front was that good, it seemed like the bucket was a mile out front, but if that was the only complaint...well sign me up for a deere...(with pilot controls):cool2:

10. qps

from Indy

Salesman offered to bring a 320 if I liked the 300 enough to put bobcat in the running, my thought was he should have brought it from the get go if he wanted to be in the running, so that tells me the 320 must not offer much more than the 300. I don't see a bobcat in my future.....