1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another double blade ?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by grassyfras, Jan 22, 2002.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been doing alot of research on double blades and noticed that exmark use to not support them at all and now seem alittle more open to them. Does examrk have a diffent opinion about double blades this year? Im thinking about trying them in the spring and bought a longer bolt but i read somthing that if u get the wrong bolt it can be a pain to get off. Can you try to explain this to me alittle better? And when using a velke on a metrohp are u suppse to break completly or just squeeze the break levers alittle so u dont harm the trans.?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

I will answer the easiest question first. Shifting on a gear drive can be done by just squeezing in on the drive levers. The key to this is to remove the drive tension from the drive belt running to the wheels. Proper adjustment of the drive linkages is important to fully remove the tension on the belt.

Well to tell the truth we are aware of the use of double blades, but nothing has changed for this year. Here is the official unofficial responds to doubles, take a look at this and let me know if you still have question. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=15956

Thanks, Fred.