Another DropSpreader DIY Failure

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Jul 14, 2008.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I snapped a photo of this one while out working. Thought everybody could use a laugh.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

It looks like he thought it was a broadcast spreader judging by the tracks...what a moron!!
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I will say it looks possible that he used a broad cast spreader with a too wide of opening and too slow of speed and got too much product down...

or just walked around the edge with the deflector down a couple times and then hopped back in the truck and took off..thinking he had enough overlap.
  4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

A lawn of that size and configuration almost begs for a liquid feed. A correctly operated drop spreader will take too long and a broadcast spreader will throw granules all over the place, half of it will not land on the lawn.
  5. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree 1000%.

Liquid rocks on these "Tiny" lawns, and zero blower cleanup :)

6. mtcjb

mtcjb LawnSite Member

just wondering the product used, that is an awesome before and after rolled into one lol
  7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Gramps was out with his walker and chest spreader again:dizzy:
  8. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

That's rediculous! I'm speechless.
  9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Most likely the home owner used a small broadcast spreader. Looks like a nice lawn for the Permagreen. A couple minutes at the most.