Another dumb home owner...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 28AcresToMow, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, I learned the hard way, of course. Sch 80 mips into female brass/copper worked fine for me.

2. 28AcresToMow

28AcresToMow LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Yes, the system works much better with the PVB installed this way. Of course now you can see my solder drip that is upside down, BUT the PVB is definitely at least 12" above the rotors now....

Thanks hoskm01!

And I will change up the metal to metal transitions and male to female threads.

Mike, I do like fish. Well, except on tank cleaning day anyway:dizzy:

Oh, and no worries about backflow from the tanks themselves, none are hard plumbed into a water source. I fill up 44 gallon garbage cans with water to get the temperature right and add the chemicals. Then I pump the water into the tanks.

Thanks again guys!

pvb1.jpg

3. Mike Leary

That assembly should be tested yearly, by a certified BAT. Call your purveyor for qualified techs.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

ya did well :)

5. 28AcresToMow

28AcresToMow LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Thanks 1idejim!

Mike, you mean I can't just reinstall it backwards again to test it every year??:laugh:

6. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

Why? There is no way for a potential cross connection to the potable water supply. He really doesn't even really need the PVB. And yes I am a certified tester.

7. Mike Leary

I thought he was hooked to potable.

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

What's funny is that I recall Wilkins 720s having pretty clear directional arrows on them... and an instruction sheet.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

that's the old made-in-the-USA version of the 720

10. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

Nope he is pumping from a 2000 gallon storage tank where he empties his nasty fish tank water