Another dumb home owner...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 28AcresToMow, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Now the only thing left to do is post some pics of the zones running!!!! :clapping:

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I realize that, but how does he get the water into the aquariums? An air gap would be sufficient.

3. 28AcresToMow

28AcresToMow LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

You mean this silly arrow? My wife says that I am directionally challenged. And hey, it's like Meatloaf says, "Two out of three ain't bad". I got the valves pointed the right way:)

As far as the instructions, these supplies have been in the basement for two years. Who knows where they went. I must have looked at an online version of the instructions 20 times trying to figure this out before I gave up and asked for help. That is why I left the PVB in the system - to remind me to pay attention to detail.

I will get some pictures of the rotors up afterwork!!

PVB.jpg

4. 28AcresToMow

from Iowa

That's how the water gets in the tanks...

5. Mike Leary

You seem like you're home free! :clapping:

6. 28AcresToMow

from Iowa

Here you go! Now I have to get the grass out of the planter blocks, kill the weeds and plant the bluegrass.

Thanks again all!!

IMG_8441.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

7. Mike Leary

No center heads?

8. 28AcresToMow

from Iowa

It's less than 35' across... How many darn rotors do I need?:)

I have the #1 LA nozzles in start to with. Not sure what kind of pressure I am getting from the pump. I am going to put a gauge in when I change the interior plumbing. I know the rotor output is 45 psi or less as the are the PRS model rotors. I will play with the nozzles to get good coverage. I would think if I go up too high, I could be hitting the street from the planter:weightlifter:

9. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

It may be something weird with the pictures but it seems like you have them too close together along the row, and then the rows are too far apart.

10. 28AcresToMow

from Iowa

I spaced them 25' apart along the row and the rows are probably about 30' apart...
    Posted via Mobile Device