Another Ear Protection Thread ("In Ear Type")

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaLawnCare, Sep 13, 2003.

1. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Just found these at Radio Shack...
    Part Number 33-1167 $22.98 inc Tax.

earprotection.jpg

2. AltaLawnCare

Better Pic..

earprotection2.jpg

3. AltaLawnCare

They'll hook to my portable Panasonic CD player, I've had for 10 months..

Took this long to find ear protection I could use , LOL.

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

do they work.

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like they may work.....

How bout it Alta?

6. AltaLawnCare

It will be Monday, before I know. I'm planning on using them while aerating with th etractor mostly.

Too bumpy and dusty for mowing. I use the throw away foam in ear type with a string mostly. In the shop while sharpening blades, I use an old cup type with AM/FM radio I bought from Northern about a year ago ( they don't pick up good enough to listen to anyway)

Today, I gonna hook them up and get used to using the CD player. ;)

7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought some of the Peltor worktunes that some of the other lco's had talked about a few weeks ago. I used them all last week and what a great product. I can hardly hear the motors running. Like others stated, I too wish they had digital tuning, but much better than having to listen to mowers, trimmers, and blowers day in and day out. I found them at Meijer for $56, and one of the best purchases I've made all year. Wish I would have known about them sooner.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Interesting. I'm curious if they keep sound out well enough. What's the attuniation level on those?

I've just used regular ear muff types with walkman speakers cut and wedged inside. Not a problem most of the time. I like that they also protect my ears when it's cold out, from the sun, or when I get raked accross some branches or briars.

But it would be nice to have a lightweight pair for some types of work.

9. I use to own a pair of worktunes, but misplaced it. So, went back to the site that I bought them at and noticed now that they have a much more expensive model, but, besides am and fm radio, have a monitering device so you can still hear people talking over machines, radio at same time. Also, can be hooked up to walkie talkie and used as communicator. Peltor makes them, on the pricey side, but I love them better than the worktunes.

Oh, the work tune muffs have a 29 rating. The price on the newer model, paid just under $ 200 bucks, but can you put a price on being able to hear your children still at age 60??
    John

10. AltaLawnCare

I haven't used them much, but soo far they are not doing too good. They don't seal good enough, and hurt my ears.

If they don't work out , I'm only outta $23.00 :(

Also teh attenuation isn't listed.