another enclosed question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Feb 21, 2006.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Will a enclosed trailer with 5k axles sit any higher than a trailer with 3500?

2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

They sit the same I think. Some might of had a raised roof.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Good 1, we have a box with 3500 axles and 1 with 5200 axles i will check in the morning seems like a little higher.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Generally yes, a 9999 GVW trailer will sit a littler higher than a 7000lb trailer.

On the Interstate I ordered the 9999 GVW trailer is 3" taller than the 7000 GVW trailer. The tires added 1/2-3/4" in height and the stronger frame that is taller added 2".

On the Haulmark the frame is the same so I'm guessing the 10k will be about 1/2 - 3/4" taller due to the slightly taller tires.

5. PLS-Tx

from Texas

The frame is supposed to be the same as the 3500# axles, so the only difference should be the 1/2 - 3/4" taller tires.

Do you think I will have any problems loading and unloading ZTR's?

I hope I don't regret not getting the beaver tail. :hammerhead:

6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

No I think you will be fine. I think you will be happy you did not get the beavertail. On the Haulmark the beavertail is 4' so IMHO it eats up some usable floor space.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Torsion axles or leaf sprung?

Thats also something to include.

I say they might sit higher under lighter loads because of the stiffer spring used.

8. PLS-Tx

from Texas

I think you are right, I'm getting a Pace, but I would think the beavertail would be the same as the Haulmark.

I did talk to the dealer last week, and he said it should not be a problem, only difference is the slightly taller tires.

I should know for sure next week how it's going to work, he said it should be in by end of the week.

9. PLS-Tx

from Texas

It has Torsion axles.

10. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

http://www.midplainsonline.com/proddetail.php?prod=V-Nose_Car_Carrier
    This is what I got, 8'wide. I added 1/2 ply to the floor and covered it with rubber roofing material. Added floor rings and Faststraps to the floor. With the V-nose, I put in a porta pot, work table/cabinet and pegboard to take care of all the field tools and eliminate unneccesary stops. 12k axles, 7k jack. Tailgate can handle 4,000 pounds.Not quite as pricey as some, but works just as well.