Another Encore question....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike's Yard Services, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Mike's Yard Services

Mike's Yard Services LawnSite Member

Am demoing a used Encore Z48, 18hp Vanguard.no leaks, starts fine, runs great and quality of cut is nice.......and hourmeter shows 281.9 hrs(yes it is running when the mower is on). Belongs to a buddy who mows two props 2x mo. He bought it from longtime friend who owns local service shop, says orig owner residential 1acre, weekly since new.any ideas of probs to check for or probs to lookout for. Think I can get it for around $1500.00

P.S. New tires on rear and fully serviced ready for the season with extra set of blades.........what would be best blades, not bagging, and bagging option suggestions...I know it is alot to ask but think this machine could really help me make some money............and now I can pull it since putting S10 into semi-retirement.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If you can get that mower for $1500 then you better jump on that quick. Just be sure the mower is in good condition and you talk like it is so go buy it. :)

3. Mike's Yard Services

Probably will, run it yesterday and seems to be a nice piece of equipment..............rightside blade seems lower than others or might be grass buildup in final blade area before discharge.the big test is on in-laws 12,500 sqft tomorrow.........

4. Mike's Yard Services

Oh come on.....someone must have an opinion.....................

5. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

i got one, it sounds a might cheap.....

6. Mike's Yard Services

Sounds a might cheap??????????????/........meaning a good deal?

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think thats what he means. Thats a dang good deal. If its cutting lower on the right side the deck needs to be leveled. :)

8. Mike's Yard Services

Thanks Travis.ran it today..............nice..........and fixed the deck issue....chain hanger pinched