Another Fatal Accident

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowtech, Sep 28, 2005.

1. mowtech

mowtech LawnSite Senior Member

2. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Very sad to hear about these accidents, I feel bad for his family.

3. AtlYardWorks

AtlYardWorks LawnSite Member

Very sad indeed, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

4. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Yes it is very sad that this incident happened but, the fella was only working for a few months useing this machine. Was he properly trained? were all of the mowers safety features working AND in use? This should be a learning experience for all.

5. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

Guys, this is a reminder to those mowing similar terrain: No job is worth risking your life or limb. Work with a clear head and a careful mindset. Pass the word on to all fellow workers.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear the news, my prayers and thoughts go out to the family. Try and be safe Guys and Girls. :angel:

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I wonder what osha will say about no rops... or at least it sounds like he wasn't using rops.

8. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Very very sad. Everybody, PLEASE use the ROP.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sad story indeed.

However, I have very heavy doubts that the accident actually happened as they "theorized" it did.

In fact, I imagine it happened the way I am terrified a ZTR might one day end up on top of me.... ZTR breaks traction... becomes a runaway down a short steep hill that ends at a very abrupt transition.... \__ .

You know... the abrupt transitions we encounter on a lesser scale all the time that our castor tires wedge against and do not cross easily. I imagine that has already killed a few good men... and so has the mow up forward and back down method. Let it slip traction, speed up, then grab.... it's on top of you before you can blink....

Be careful out there guys.
    These ZTR's are particularly dangerous mowers.
    Nuff said...

10. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Had a kid get mangled here last year at an Alcoa plant. Osha found out the LCO was subbed through another LCO and was not trained to be on site. It was the kid's last week working for the LCO. I don't see that LCO's truck on the road anymore. Please be careful guys.