Another fert machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RABBITMAN11, Jul 16, 2008.

1. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to let everyone know that next year there will be a new fert machine available that will calibrate itself and keep you from wasting material
    This machine is and will do what it says. It is built by a company that is currently building machines now. This is no joke!

2. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

Is this another super secret machine? Here we go again.*trucewhiteflag*

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. This will be a take off of the type of system that Lawn Doctor uses. It feeds onto a conveyor belt, and is driven by the speed of the machine - the slower the ground speed, the slower the fed into the impeller.

4. RABBITMAN11

Yeah I heard about that machine something like that but it will be controlled with electronic touch screen. You put the the type of fert and it will calibrate it for you!

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

All I can say is $$$$$$$ and maintenance!

I want to just keep it simple! Spreading fert is way to SIMPLE to get a machine that is that COMPLEX!

Yes is may save your some $$$$ on fert, but the cost of the machine will probably offset the savings!

6. RABBITMAN11

Not according to the guys that are building them!

7. RABBITMAN11

They are working to keep it affordable.

8. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

Ok, i'll bite. Who's building them? Also, as far as I know the ground metered feed belt is patented by Lawn Doctor.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure the metered belt system IS still patented by LD. I just wonder if someone had done a similar design that is different enough to slide past the patent (or if the patent might b up). They also have the patent on the totally closed system for refilling their machines. the operator never has to touch chemicals out in the field.

10. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Who is they?