Another Field Test for TURF Magazine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfmagazine, Aug 2, 2005.

1. turfmagazine

turfmagazine LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Hi, Jim at Turf Magazine here.

First Products would like a field test done on their Verti Cutter (aerator) and Multi tine aeravator for overseeding turf on sportsfields. It works on golf courses too. They're looking to hook up someone in southern GA.

As usual ... they give you the machine for "X" weeks ... you use it on the job as you would normally.

You write up a brief report (I'll help with that if needed). And we pay you for the test (not the manufacturer). This is a REAL field test, not a spiff for First Products.

Any takers?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Hey you guys help Jim out! He is one GREAT guy and the Field Test is just that a TRUE test where you give your true feelings on the equipment!

Dang! Sure do wish they wanted it tested in NC cause I've got 2 high school baseball fields, 1 HS softball field, 2 HS soccer fields and 1 HS footbal field that will need those exact pieces of equipment used on them in a couple months.

3. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

sounds tempting but I am way too far away ...c

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can this device be used to plant rye grass in St Augustine and Bermuda in the fall. Usually we strip the properties down to the soil and then use a spreader to plant rye. Is this an alternative?

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

South Mississippi if youdont get some one closer I can help out if needed. We overseed some lawns in the fall but not sports fields but these are pretty close to the quality of turf

6. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

ill take u up on it if u need someone in TN we overseed quit a few fescue yards in the fall but not any sports fields.

7. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

Hey Jim,
    I'm just down the road from you in NH. Got some serious acreage to aerate in mid September for the Army Corp of Engineers. May be able to help each other out. Pm me if interested.
    Thanks

8. turfmagazine

from Vermont

Now First Products has slightly changed their tune.

Now, they want someone who services a golf course in the southern states.

Anyone out there?

Thanks.

9. turfmagazine

from Vermont

As I said last week ... "First Products would like a field test done on their Verti Cutter (aerator) and Multi tine aeravator for overseeding turf"

Then, I added the above -- that they want it tested on a golf course.

So ... they can deliver the units to any golf course north of Tennessee.

Anyone interested?

10. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

Jim - you will be HARD pressed to find anyone who services a golf course down here...... they do everything in house...... Try contacting some courses directly, maybe soneone will take u up on it. Also are they stuck on golf courses, why not try some athletic fields, or even some of the larger AG universities that do their own maintenance in house??