Another Flex-deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Dec 1, 2002.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Another flex-deck? Maybe "wider is better"?

[​IMG]

2. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

is that that lastec ZTR

3. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks clumsy to me. The whole machine plus the side addition kinda defeats the purpose of a ZTR in my mind.

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

If you're looking for more width I'd just get it over with and buy two Swisher trail along powered decks. They are cheaper than the FD, more than double the width and are self-powered. Again, it always boils down to matching the right machine to the job. If I was mowing 10/20 acres at a time, I'd have two swishers in a heart beat............At their price, I'd store them on my trailer like velkies and attach them as needed.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh, here we go, the flex-deck debate again. :nono:

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

The Flex-Deck is forward and lateral so it moves straight sideways between narrow objects, and gets into the inside corners. The deck above is stricktly lateral, and is only adding width. It cannot be pushed laterally with one move to trim narrow objects and inside corners. - How much upflex does that mower above have to help unlevel terrain? [​IMG]

36x-flexed ditch-north knock.jpg

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the lastec units all feature a articulationg deck. In a since the whole deck is a flex deck. each blade chamber will flex to help follow the ground contour. i have used a JD 1620 wide area mower which has a 96" lastec deck on it and it did a good job. I beleive the deck will do 15-20 degrees up andf down i am not sure.

8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

We all know who got told to put a sock in it on an earlier debate.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Gee Eric...you really have aged...LOL

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Gees Randy, would ya care to let me know what's wrong with my suggestion.....As I see the trend here is a wider cut, so let's just go "full tilt" and add two 48" finish cut decks to your machine and "cut some grass".......
    Pete