another form of advertising....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

we talk about newpaper ads, door hangers, flyers, yellow book, val pac......well, SHOULDN'T YOU BE THINKING ABOUT SEPARATING YOURSELF from the herd? EVERYBODY advertises like that. how about standing out, by being ORIGINAL? i got a awesome idea. how bout you guys, any ideas?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

yeah......................... but not telling lol

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Ha ha funny, you want people to say, "Well Gedd, tell us what it is." Then you'll say, "Well send 10 bucks to my p.o. box, and I'll tell you......"
    But I already know what the idea is. :p
    So I'll undercut your price, and make it 5 bucks. :angel:

4. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Jodi, you go girl !!!

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I am thinking of fertilizing my company name and phone number into each clients front lawn. Just build a plywood template then run a drop spreader over it with some 46-0-0. I think the phone will be ringing off the hook.

6. old dog

old dog LawnSite Member

Yeah,fertilize the competition's name in a real crappy looking lawn.That might make the
    phone ring too!

7. Grass Gator

Grass Gator LawnSite Member

Damn!.....that was my idea. I guess I'll have to go to "Plan B" and tow a large aerial banner behind a Cessna flying above the busy interstate highways during rush hour.

8. rather be mowin

rather be mowin LawnSite Member

HMM ...is it possible Bobby is maybe fishing , What are the chances of that ??

Ahh I got it ... he discovered fridge magnets

9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I think bobby is going to start a fashion trend with the teenagers. Shovel branding. He gets his logo embossed into his trusty shovel, then sticks it in the fire until red hot, then smacks some dare to be different teenager in the chest.

Just like on Raider'sof the lost Ark. Instant advertising.