Another FrankenScag Creation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Took my old 2 wheel trailing sulky and made it into a castering sulky. It has 8" tires. The platform sits alittle high :( but it works very well and it surprised me how little it affects the mower on hills. It takes some getting used to after switching from trailing sulky but I'm adjusting already. I also welded a stub pipe on the foot platform which lets me put another pipe on that one and a bicycle seat on that pipe. Now it's a walk behind, stand on, or rider :) you can also just stand with the seat still on.

jun27#20.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

jun27#19.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

with the seat (has the gel cushion one :D)

Sorry for the bad pics, should have moved it out of the shade :eek:

jun27#18.jpg

4. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

lMAO...It looked good till I saw the seat. Man I would have one sore rear end sitting on that...:dizzy:

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

It's actually not as bad as it looks... I mowed 1/2 acre of my yard with it and the worst part was that since there is no back to lean against it makes you not keep a good posture which hurts your back alot more than your rear end. The seat isn't meant as a total solution but just something to give your feet and knees a rest if you like to use it. I found that the seat wasn't usefull unless the ground was flat and pretty open... I won't be using the seat much if at all but it was too easy to put on there so it may be worth it someday LOL.

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Ouch! With a seat like that, I guess you are not planning on having any kids in the future!!

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

FSM i'll tell ya one thing i could never use that creation of yours because it would break as soon as i got on it because i'm a big guy 200+ lbs but from what i see your a skinny dude well good luck with it and i hope you can "modify" another seat for a better ride

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It seems Eric a person would be hunched over a bit if they are standing on your sulkie...gotta be hard on the back after a while. I would pull in in closer to the back of the machine IMO.

Gel cushion/seat or not, the family jewels are gonna take a beating on that thing. Thanks, but I'll pass LOL.

9. The Rock

The Rock LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Next time put on a banana seat!!!:dizzy:

10. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

WHY???????????????????:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.