Another Frosty Morning in South West Florida

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billslawn89, Mar 1, 2010.

1. what kind of temps should you be having there.

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

here in southwest florida, normal temps are in the 50's at night and low to mid 70's during the day for this time of year. all this week will be in the mid 60's daytime and upper 30's to lower 40's at night. weekend though, the forecast is back in the 70's.

3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I find it pretty funny that two guys have said that it was 33 degrees with frost :laugh:

Last time I checked water froze at 32 degrees, :laughing:

Just messing with you guys

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

29 degrees, @ 5 feet above ground level, Ha Ha, and heavy frost at 6:30 AM. Maybe it will warm up next month. I may have to change the # of cuts in the yearly contracts if this weather keeps up.:dizzy::cry:

5. HappyDaysLawnCare

HappyDaysLawnCare LawnSite Member

We were 39 with some frost. I heard a really nice rumor that a "warm up" possible 75 next week! We actually had two of our older ladies ask about the number of cuts on our annuals, they are both very nice and easy to work with, we did some weeding and helped with light jobs the last two months to help compensate, plus it got our truck & trailer on the road and me out of the house!

Keep our fingers crossed for warmth and green grass soon!:dancing:

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

They are crossed!!!

7. We are not having temps in the 30's like you guys, but low 40's during the early AM with temps in the mid-high 60's during the day. I haven't cut my yards in 3 weeks. I have still gone and raked, did a little bit of trimming on the cold hardy plants, cleaned up coconut fronds that are falling off, pulling weeds, etc. I planned on doing my fertilizations this week but held off till next week. We have forecasts of mid to high 70's during the day with rain 3 days next week; a lot better fertilizing weather.