Another funny accident...maybe?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nik_Danger, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Nik_Danger

Nik_Danger LawnSite Member

I had finished mowing and trimming and I was behind a house doing the strip of grass between the street and the sidewalk. This strip was completely covered with a thick layer of mulched magnolia leaves and I was blowing them across the sidewalk and dispersing them into the yard. I got all the way to the end and had a nice large pile going as I turned and swept the whole pile with my blower jet I noticed something on the other side of the leaf cloud...it was a little girl on a bicycle...covered head to toe and pissed as hell. I immediately apologized and actually idle blew her off real quick which to my surprise she appreciated. Still mad as hell though. She had apparently rode directly behind me the whole time I was blowing the mulched leaves
    "stupid I think" but it was my mistake for not looking. At least I was not blowing more harmful debris...thank god!:usflag:

2. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Wow that is weird. Good thing if you had a leaf plow.?:dizzy: That would have been bad.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol funny man. I had a funny accident today. I unhooked my trailer at a customers house because I had to go get gas. Well at the end of the job I went to back the ztr on and I got it up the trailer ramp. Now I am not hooked to the truck, and im on the trailer. Next think I know im on the ztr and the wheels are going backwards but the trailer is moving forwards. This caused the trailer to start sliding down the hill. Neither the gate or the jack stopped the trailer lol. Luckily I only slid 20 or so feet down the hill lol. I will NEVER make that miistake again.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

My little brother did the same thing a few years ago. He was loading a lawn tractor onto a trailer, but it was not hooked the truck. The trailer popped a wheelie about 5 feet in the air and started sliding forward.

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL.... That was funny... My kids would have loved it..

6. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy in the business here in town was telling me the other day that he got contacted by a citizen and claimed that he had injured her son. He replied i dont remember anything happening can you refresh my memory as to what happened. Turns out the kid was riding his skate board and saw my buddies tail gate down well the idiot kid decides he is going to use the tail gate as a ramp. Well a skateboard doesnt roll to good on expanded metal apparently and her son fell down and hurt his hand. He replied and this is my problem why? She replied that her son was hurt because of his property and if his trailer was not there then it would not have happened. He then replied to the lady if your son was not stupid it wouldnt have happened either. O man i got a kick out of that. She said that he would be hearing from thier lawyer thats been about 3 days ago he said he is waiting. He said if they sue all they will get is a string trimmer and a scag walk behind because thats about all he has i had to laught again

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man, stupid people that are lawsuit happy.

8. Nik_Danger

you should go over to her house and knock on the door real hard. Knock so hard that you injure your hand...and then file a lawsuit. :dancing:

9. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I like that one that was a good one right there. Then i should say and if the door wasnt there then i wouldnt have hurt my hand

10. Nik_Danger

yeah you really should! People like that exploit so many aspects of the system that the system itself becomes the enemy...besides if she won a settlement it would only go to the hydroponic pot farm in her basement ;-) people like that always find a way to file against you. lol ha ha
    your friend shouldn't have to pay because her son is a tard. Build him a ramp out of balsa wood, leave it on the ground and get the hell outa dodge :usflag: