Another Funny Craigslist Ad!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mc24034, Apr 4, 2008.

1. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

So I came acrossed this today!

Tired of mowing?
    One call to us can end your lawn mowing problems for good.

We can maintain your lawn for
    Only $12 PER LOT Per visit. WE'ER NEVER OVER $20

This includes:__________
    Cutting, Trimming, Blowing off sidewalks and driveway
    Edging of all walkways and driveway every other visit

worthless@YAHOO.COM 555 945-5555

So I def. emailed him with several question regarding liability insurance, taxes(which i highly doubt he pays), whether he had employees or not if so if he had them covered with workers comp.

Ill keep you updated when he responds to the questions, if he has proof of everything I will be subbing everything to him and Ill just be by the pool all day!

2. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same add here in MI for my company but I am at $13.50 per lawn. And yes I am legit

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Are those 200sq/ft lawns all in a row. How can you make any money at $13. Just to unload and load back up probably costs me that much without even mowing anything.

4. mc24034

mc24034 LawnSite Member

Well either way, if this guy is making money then Ill have him make more for him and myself. Ill have him mow every lawn I have and I believe Id prob net more than if I actually did it myself.

5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

That's about as smart as the morons who think they're gonna make it big alienating everyone they know with some stupid MLM scheme...

6. Bo614

Bo614 LawnSite Member

ok im lost here... how in the world can anyone make money off that? there is no way with paying for gas, equiptment, maitnace, insurances, ect that you have to have to be right that you can charge 13.50 and even if you could why would you do that???? that is the reason the business is going down the drain because everyone does it for free! Please just let me know how close these lawns are to each other? how big they are? and whats the biggest lawn you would do for that? also just so i can compair prices what woudl you do a lawn lets say that was 9100 sq ft?:usflag:

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

My cheapest lawn is $15, it is too small to use my ztr on so I have to use the 21'' mower. It takes about 15 minutes to get done including trimming. Normally I wouldn't go this low but I mow two properties for this customer, their house and an apartment complex he owns about .5 mile away, so I gave him a break on the price for having two properties and being so close together.

8. ProCut Lawn Care

ProCut Lawn Care LawnSite Member

We don't drop the gate for less than 30.00, Garden home 2 guys 10 min. 30 bucks minimum.

9. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

$30 bucks here too, and thats even if they're 10 postage stamps in a row.

10. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have 28 accounts and mow 3 days a week. Thats about 125 a day. $25 for expenses. that leaves my with $12 an hour. way better than my old job at mcdonalds. I usually dont pay taxes cause I find a reason to write everything off.