1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another funny customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 25, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

here's another funny call i got today:him: " hello, bob, this is dave." me: " o, hi dave, how's it going?" him:" not good bob, my father has been calling me 10 times a day, he say's he has so many leaves, he can't get out his front door, you told me u would take care of it." me:" i will dave, but, we are very backed up." him: " well, what about tommorow?" me:" sorry dave, tommorow no good." him:" how bout thursday?" me:" ummm, dave, thursday is thanksgiving." him:" well, can't u do it before you eat." me:" no, sorry." him:" how bout friday?"(sounding a bit angry now. me:" yea, i'll be there friday, and since the township will pick them up, i'll just put them by the curb." him:" look, i dont care if u put them in them in the gdamn refrigerator, just get them away from the door!" CLICK!
  2. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I would skip that one if was not a regular customer. Do you really know who Dave is and who Daves Dad is, or were you just playing into him?
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Then just have your boy Chico do it on his own. It would be a good on his own test and give you a way out. AND WHATS UP WITH THE CAPS.
  5. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Bob,

Just to tell you how I enjoy all the little short stories / incidents you share with us and your sense of humor.
    We all get to deal with situations like that everyday but not all of us have the ability to see the humor in it like you do.

Here's to you Bob :drinkup:

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

This is how a lot of elderly customers think. You are just sitting around at home doing nothing, just waiting for them to call. Then you'll hop on your silver mower and ride over to their house and help them out.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Bob- Tell him sure, you can be there Thurs. morning. As with any other service professional who takes a holiday call, tell him it will be 2X the quoted rate with a $ 75.00 call fee. I think Friday will be lookin' good to him then!:D
  8. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Start your cleanup on Thursday morning, right at 7:00 Am.. Maybe even 6:50 AM..

Get a cardboard sign and handwrite on it the name and phone number of your # 1 competitor.. stick it on the trailer..

Make sure to wear a hooded sweatshirt so no-one will recognize you.

Piss off all the neighbors.

Then do a mailing about the "inconsiderate" lco in the area and how much more considerate you are. :)

Have a good T-Day.
  9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: LMAO!!!:laugh:
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would go on Thanksgiving and just charge double. And when he calls about the price being so high just tell him that it was his suggestion to get it done no matter what, even on Thanksgiving.

Or better yet, get a refrigerator, and stick it in the front lawn with leaves in it.