1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Another gas tax 8.5 cents

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Feb 25, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

Not sure where to post this but I got to somewhere. Once again the lovely liberal state of Minnesota passes another gas tax to increase gas 8.5 cents a gallon making us one of the highest taxed in the country and raising our license tab fees.
    I just don't get it, we had plenty of money in are last transportation bill but it all gets subsidized out to welfare and other programs of that sort. There where companies there lobbying the sate to pass it so they could get more work. Pawlenty vetoed but got overturned. 6.6 billion Also the light rail is the stupidest thing ever, just congest traffic. Had to vent sorry feel free to move to appropriate place.

"The plan would plow $660 million a year into roads, bridges, buses and rail over the next decade. It would raise the state gas tax a nickel per gallon this year and another 3-1/2 cents later to pay off road construction debts. It would add another 0.25 percent to the sales tax in seven metropolitan counties for trains and buses and increase annual tab fees for new cars." Star Tribune
  2. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, This is insane*trucewhiteflag* stop the insanity someone!!!!
  3. qualitycut

ya I was looking up and 40% of there tax budget goes to welfare.
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

That might be a good thing considering what happened back in August.
  5. qualitycut

They would have had plenty of money if they didn't subsidize it all out 40% of the transportation budget goes to welfare. Dont get me wrong they should have fixed that but quit spending money on things its not intended for.
  6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Ill be honest with you. I have friends from MN that live here in KC now and they say that state is a mess starting from within.

Would you be happier if they taxed other things besides gas and told you it was going to welfare? Would it really make a difference?
  7. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

You should come to jersey it's even better, if you can think of it they will tax it and raise it every year. They keep BS'ing about the state doesn't have money, but a study came out the the average around the country is 8 state workers per square mile, jersey has 81 per sq mile. It's not hard to figure out why there's no money. The money that goes to welfare is a joke, half of the people I see in the store that are on food stamps come in wearing gold and driving $30k+ cars and are healthy but too lazy to get a job.
  8. qualitycut

No it wouldnt it just the fact of the matter the tax us for one thing so we can fix roads ect. But they never use the money where it is intended to go, thats what is frustrating. They are taxing us to build more light rail also witch disrupts traffic and the people it benefits are not buying gas anyways so they are not paying for it. The wealthy and the fortunate always have to pay for everyone else to make it in life. I just needed to vent I am 21 yrs old and I just cant imagine what I will be paying more taxes on in 5-10 years it makes me sick. I get up everyday and bust my arzz so I can get things I want and live a good life but all these taxes they keep adding just make things harder. I guess I just cant stand how people do not need to go to work and we pay there wages.
  9. paullyllama

paullyllama LawnSite Member
    from mpls,mn

gotta love it. elect someone to do one thing and when that person does it gets over turned. I'm sure everyone know its not just the state, its the counties and cities also. Not only am I forced to pay the new taxes for the state, i am also faced with a 23% increase in my city and a 10% for the county. needless to say i will be voting for the non-incumbent this year no matter which side of the line they fall
  10. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

Welfare in general is a joke. I know dozens of people who get it and dont need it but I dont know a single person that gets it and needs it. I will not vote for any candidate in any office that plans on increasing welfare.