another get rich quick question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sirsweatsalot, Jul 9, 2002.

1. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

with you that deal with realitor companies how do those usually go... do you mow for a sort time until the house is sold and get paid for it or do you get a monthly pay for total of the lawns you cut?
    also how do you come about getting in with realitors... do you talk to the individaul or do you go to the company?

2. I stay far far a way from realitors unless they pay the bill them self.

Otherwise the home owner pays it and may be hard to collect when they move to South Africa.

3. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

We have done work for 2 realty companys. They call it 3rd party. Home owner moves away and the house is handled by realty company. They have always paid the bills monthly and in a timely manner. It was a nice arrangement.

The only people to seriously think twice about working for are builders. They often try to bait you in to a cheap price offering you a lot of future work. Then the future never comes.

Always spell out the terms. Dictate that you will only work on net 30 Days. Personally work upon receipt, which means at your earliest conveniece. Not exceeding 30 days. Builders love to take net 90 when they really have no set pay system. They want to use your money as an additional bank loan at no charge. Recently told a builder when closing the agreement: "The greatest compliment that we could receive would be prompt payment on his account."

Realtors are good for their word provided they are treated properly. Also very tactful when it comes to any complaints.
    Remember to always spell out the terms.

Did I say, Realtors love extra add on work. Large flower installs, pruning and mulch. Helps the house sell faster

They often refer a lot of future work also!

Sounds like a go!

Good luck!

4. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Rob's right. Stay away from builders.
    Realty companies also own some business locations that you can service, so it's good idea to get to know them and be available.

5. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i did get screwed one time by the land developer. he said that there would be a lot of work and so on. and when i got to the properties which was a long ways out of town i come to find out that i would have been better off with a brush hog. i was like don't call unless there is a LAWN to cut not stumps and weeds. but the guy was nice and payed me for comming out, so i didn't loose entirely.