Another "How much do I bid" question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moose's Mowing, May 13, 2013.

1. Boaz

Boaz LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I think he means- 2 hours to make one pass (as in not double cut) 6 acres. Not one stripe around the property.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

That's the way I read it to. I was set to reply, but you beat me to it
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I guess the question to you is.... are you solo? what size mower(s)? 2 guys 1 mowing, 1 trimming/edging/blowing, $280.

4. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm solo, running a 61" Scag Tiger Cat. Sometimes I have a helper but mostly I'm solo. I'd probably do this one on it's own day instead of trying to work it in to my weekly route if that makes sense. On a good day if nothing goes wrong I bang out all my weekly mowing accounts in one day. I only have a dozen of them. I was thinking 4 hours tops, planning around $290. I'm a little worried he'll give me the old "HOLY CRAP THAT"S A LOT OF $$ JUST FOR MOWING" routine. I checked it on the GIS map. It's 6.03 acres according to the gubbmint tax office. My other accounts are anywhere from 1/4 acre to 2 acres but I haven't had the chance to quote on such a large property.

thanks for the help.

5. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

well if he balks at the price, that's where you have to sell yourself and your quality of work...

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I would ask what he is paying now
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DoubleClutch

DoubleClutch LawnSite Member

I live in NW Pa and I did a bid a few weeks ago on a 6.8 acre job with little trimming involved at $360 and found out he took another bid of $310. So your in the ballpark.

8. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys. I don't think he currently has a service, that's why I'm a bit concerned about him balking. Thanks for the help. I'll post back and let ya know what happens.

9. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

What do you get for a 2 acre lawn? What do you try to get for an hourly rate?

I have not been called on to bid a property that large. Though I would ask for $360.

10. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a lot of edging to do on the driveway.