Another how much to charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okie2, Jan 7, 2008.

1. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

I talked to my superintendant today at my school. He is interested in me mowing the school grounds. He said its 30-35 acres. During the early summer I may need to mow it twice a week. How much should I charge and could I even do it twice a week? I am using a 60" JD 757. I figure somewhere around 60/acre. Which for 35 acres would be $2100 a cut. Is this too much to charge? It would be mowing only. Gas here is about $3/ gallon.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

okie - since you're new(er) here.... do a search.

If that were bid out, it would probably be about $20-24 / acre, using 2-3 60, 72" mowers or a used / new WAM.

With your 60", you'd never be caught up.

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

this nice thing about schools , at least around here, is that it is nearly flat and wide open. easy to make good time with little turning etc. just food for thought

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i agree. someone with a wam is gonna snap that up for about 700-800 a pop. no way will they take 60 per acre. they will take the cheapest they can find. goodluck though. tell us the winning bid when it comes out.

5. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

My bid will be the only one. If I dont do it the maintence people will

6. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

They won't even take 30 per acre. good luck

7. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

So bid $25 per acre and buy another z. Or, forget about it? What do you guys think. This will be my first summer and I dont have any customers yet but I think I will have some.

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

just cut the crap and ask the guy what kind of price they need to see in order for you to get the job.