Another How Would You Handle This Situation...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Nov 16, 2005.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Regular mowing customer wants a leaf clean up. The timing of the clean-up was to be done at my discretion. I decided to do it last Saturday, 90% of the leaves had fallen. Today, she calls and says she dosen't feel she should have to pay the full amount because I did not wait untill all the leaves have fallen,and now they have finished falling and the lawn in "covered in leaves" again. How would you handle this?

2. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Where's bobby ?

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I wondered that myself.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm surprised people pay us to cut the grass...I mean...doesn't it grow back? Shouldn't it just be cut ONE TIME at the end of the season? :D

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would tell her, what you think about 90% of the leave fallen. If she wants you to come again and clean up those ones you would be more than happy to for an additional price, or she can wait until spring and you would do it then

6. JMB

JMB LawnSite Member
    from Texas

If she really wants to gripe about it you can tell her that you will gladly bring back the other 90%, (for a small fee, of course).

7. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Specifically, what was discussed with regard to the timing of the clean-up?

8. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

Tell her it's all the same if you did some now, or all later it works out to the same price.

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I would have waited tell all the leaves were down if the clean-up was at my discretion

10. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

How good of customer is she and who does she know?