1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

another idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Jun 12, 2001.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Since all the talk on ztr's is double blades, Wouldn't it so reek of awesomeness to put a set on 21"!

This Is More Or Less A Joke In The Process, But All Opinions On The Subject Would Be Greatly Appreciated.
    Thank You For Your Time,
  2. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Probabaly not enough hp on most homeowner 21's.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

6.5 hp? i would think it could handle two blades? no?
  4. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

My guess is that it would handle it. Figure a ZTR with a 60" deck and 25 HP handling double blades. Thats 8.33 HP per spindle before you deduct drive losses.

Now look at a 21" push with double blades. 6.5 HP direct drive to the blades. Probably would work, but there's one way to find out!
  5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I will try this for $hits and giggles
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Hey, if anyone here tries it, be sure to post results! I use a 21" in a few small spots that the WB won't fit. But the cut is not great. It misses blades altogether sometimes. Not a whole strip or anything like that, just a few random blades of grass now and then.
    I sharpened the blades, didn't help. Walked slower, didn't help. Gonna try to change to a different blade design, but thought about doubles as a possibility.