another kohler problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mikesrepair, Aug 1, 2007.

1. mikesrepair

mikesrepair LawnSite Member

I'm back from a long weekend, unfortunately my problem is still here waiting for me. Thanks for the replys guys. On the compression test, yes I checked it again it was at 130psi just a few psi less than the other cyl. The model# for it is CH25s spec #68695 ser.#320661133. and yes there is an accelerator pump. I'm curious why it would need a new carb at 55hrs. I also found out some new info on the case the owner said his problem started when he ran out of gas and it never ran the same , he said it blew a 20 amp fuse under the seat at the same time, don't know how that ties together (if it does)? Also when I checked the oil I found it had at least two extra qts. in the crank case. I know thats not good, but does it factor into the problem?

2. Bill Kapaun

Bill Kapaun LawnSite Senior Member

A leaking needle/seat in the carb allows gasoline to run through, into the cylinders and on into the crankcase. Smell the oil and you'll recognize the odor!

3. mikesrepair

mikesrepair LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply Bill, no fuel in oil. I think the owner just overfilled to another set of marks on dip stick.(don't ask me!!!).