Another LCO accuses you......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, May 27, 2005.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The other day we were in the same neighborhood doing work as another local LCO that we know thru word of mouth doesn't like us. This man talks bad about us to our dealer, to other LCO's, and even to the guy that sells BBQ on the side of the road. Anyhow, while doing a lawn, this guy pulls up and goes to the back of the yard where Matt is. The guy says to Matt, "You are messing with my family's income, and I don't like it. Why are you trying to steal my accounts?"
    Matt says, "What are you talking about? I don't go after your customers."
    The guy says, "My customer told me that you came to her door and gave her a card and said you would do the lawn for $2 less than me. Matt says, "I haven't gone door to door in years, why would I do that." The guy says, "well I was cutting that lawn for $17, and you want to cut it for $15?" Matt says, "You're kidding right, I don't stop the truck for that amount. Show me the card I supposedly gave your customer, cause I'm telling ya I never did that." The guy says, "I will follow you to your customers and go talk to them after you leave." Matt says, "I can follow you too, but I'm not cause I have enough work. Now get out of here before you get my heart pumping anymore than it is, and next time you see me, stop and show me my card." And Matt took his hand and sorta "shooed" him away, and started the mower back up.
    Have you ever had another LCO confront you like that accusing you of something you never even did? :dizzy:

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly I believe Matt handled it better than I would have... I suppose if the guy would have caught me on a day I forgot to pray before I left, He probly would've been pickin' himself up off the ground..

Seriously though, If I had another confrontation with him, I'd let him know that I didn't apprecieate him slandering my Rep., and that if he didn't quit, I'd have a restraining order on him for harrasment/ stalking..

Great, the next big thing:

LAWN STALKERS.. :D

3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I might have been inclined to explain what freedom is, if had actually went to his customers to undercut him.

4. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Matt handled that better than this Matt would have. I am sure I would have drop kicked his sorry behind back to where he came from. Not to mention I would have imbedded my boot in his face a few times. No one messes with me like that, I dont take that kind of crap, never have, never will. Sure I might get my ass handed to me now and then but most times it is the other way around. I would have told him to go get that card, hell, I would have driven there behind him and forced the person to provide the card and the person who says I went door to door. More than likely this is just some POS scumbag who thinks his business is the poo and cant take the fact that your business is better than his and out performing his.

5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Hell, I would probably go steal his accounts now. :p

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i said it before, and i'll say it again...even a 6ft 4" tall, you can only look so tough when you have red hair and freckles. tell matt to dye his hair, and grow a mullet, that should solve the problem

7. Gibs

Gibs LawnSite Member
    from canada

like theres some company's that respect others which is a good thing but oens that don't then screw them.. no need to be nice.. one day i took a contract worth 1900$ froma guy he just gives me the finger everytime we see eachother

8. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Everything is fair game. I take peoples accounts all the time and they occasionally take mine. Its all part of the game.

9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

So far Ive never had that to happen yet. Most of the LCO here will wave at you or stop and talk with you. I heard we have a real ugly one like Matt met but I have not ran into him yet.

10. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Should of told him the customer was wrong it was $4.00 less!!!!!!!!