Another leaf box setup...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hoagie, Jan 29, 2003.

1. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

Here it is, finally got some time on my hands to take pics...

2' extension on top for a total of 20 cu yards of leaf debris. Vac is minimal, but performs well and is all I can afford for this year.

box4.jpg

2. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

other side...

box2.jpg

3. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a nice setup you have their.
    -Adam

4. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

That is the coolest paint job ever. Are those stickers or was that painted on. I have a white F-250 and that would look good if I just had it painted on the bottom rocker panels all the way around. The leaf box looks great also.

5. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

And rear...

I still have access to my pintle hook to pull trailer... I bolted an adjustable hitch receiver to the dump bed, so the vac swings away just enough to dump.

box.jpg

6. hoagie

hoagie LawnSite Member

And roof... I used 1/4" hardware cloth from Home Depot. Works great, but next year I may go w/ a mesh tarp for ease of removal (for things like mulch in spring or brush in fall).

box3.jpg

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoagie,

that looks great. Check your PM box.

8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you figure it being 20 cu. yrds. of leaf mulch? Hell I could be wrong with this but it looks to be a 12ft. dump about 6ft. wide maybe 7 and 6ft. high? right? 12X6X6=432 devided by 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard and thats 16 cubic yards of waste.

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Hey Bunton Guy,
    Who cares? It looks good and he is proud enough to share it with his friends. So what or if he miscalculated? So you got to piss on someones parade? Glad you are a happy camper.:dizzy:

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Or it could be a 14ftX6X6