1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Another Logo Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LB Landscaping, Oct 3, 2002.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Hey Everyone, here is another logo thread. I had a guy make these up for me but can't decide which one to use. I can do unlimited revisions to which ever I pick such as font changes, deleting parts etc. The last one it out of the oicture don't like it at all. I couldn't attach it but here is the web page it is on. If you have a minute take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks, Jeff

http://www.speyetek.com/lawnborderWhiteBG.html?1033184546720

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The second one with the leaf would be my pick out of those choices.
    I'm not too keen with the one with the little guy with the mower. Strictly speaking from my opinion only, I don't think it projects a powerful image.
    The second one I picked is more sleek and smooth looking and easy on the eyes.

Let's see now what others say.

3. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I agree MTom, I didn't like the little guy either. If I did choose that one I would have him drop the "little Guy" and enlarge the font. Thanks for looking!!!!!!

4. soccer coach

soccer coach LawnSite Member
    from midwest

THe only one I like is the one with the tree and tire swing. My wife likes that one to. Wish I could find a different one for us as well. Very nice.:)

5. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I vote for number 2 also. Classy.

What exactly is the lat one?? Looks like a guy/mole eating a tree??

Is the person who did these for you a pro?? They look good.

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Yeah, the last one looks like the guy buried his arm when he planted the tree. Not sure what he was thinking. The guy is is a graphic artist, not sure of his background but he was VERY affordable with 100% money back if I don't end up liking the work. Found him on e-bay.

7. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

here's my order, 1. tire swing, 2. little guy mowing, 3 the one with just the sun and leaf. how much did these cost? i've tried re-doing my logo a bunch of times, but these are very sharp looking.

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

It was an auction on e-bay, I got it for $19.99. I figured it was worth a shot since $20 is not alot to loose. I have been very happy with the guy. He has been great to deal with.

9. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how can i get ahold of him? can you get me a link?

10. TheMom

TheMom LawnSite Member

The one with the leaf looks the best of your choices, simple and easily reproduced. Also one doesn't have to study it to figure out what it is. (wink)

Stay away from cutesy stuff, you will only limit yourself and present an image that is not professional.

IMHO. It seems to me. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Or so it appears.
    :p