Another Mag9000 Question

Discussion in 'Magna-Matic' started by Jimbo, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Magna-Matic,

Thanks for considering an optional platform. If you need someone to demo one, and provide feedback please let me know. I would even be willing to purchase the demo unit.

I sure hope you do follow through with it, as I know many people which use these blades and it will definately make a difference.

Thanks
    Jim

2. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

Jimbo

i have been experiencing the exact problem with my mag 9000.

i would also be willing to demo/purchase the prototype.

thanks for your heads up to Gerd.

3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

The mag 9000 beats anything I've ever used to sharpen blades. Having the majority of the blade remain on a flat surface can only make it better. I'd be interested in a larger platform.

4. Jet Mech

Jet Mech LawnSite Member
    from Indy

Gerd,

I too would be interested in an extension platform for my Magna-Matic 9000. Based off of the current Magna-Matic 9000 design, a modified base would appear to be easy to retrofit to the current base mounts. It would definatly support an additional 3-4 inches of Lexan base material. Given the stout nature of the Magna-Matic's housing, I would guess you could mount a diving board sized run-out table off the existing mount points. (I guess that might be a little excessive?) Just applauding the overall design and workmanship of the original Magna-Matic products. Thanks for considering the optional platform disign.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I am sure the engineers at Magna-Matic are more than capable of designing a decent extension platform. If the current "plastic" material is too soft they could always use a thinner piece of "plastic" and put an 1/8" steel plate under it.

Jimbo

6. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

Hello All,

Due to the quick response of a few ppl who expressed the need of a larger worktable, we have begun prototyping one.

We hope to be able to bring it "to market" in 2-3 weeks.

We are already looking at 2-3 different design possiblities.

Thank you again for the feedback, and request for this accessory.

I will keep you posted here on its development.

Thank you,

7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Gerd,

Too bad the government didn't operate like your company!

8. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

LOL >>>>

Ok, i don't really have a response; but to laugh a little, and thank you for the complement.

Take Care

9. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You for quick response time :)

10. Magna-Matic

Magna-Matic Sponsor

Hello All,

Well we have completed the new work table and will soon have it ready for sale on our website. Photographs and explainatory CAD drawings are being produced for website info.

I will make a post here and provide a link when they are on sale in the online store.

Thank you,