Another Marketing Opinion Please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by gkell88, Jan 19, 2003.

1. gkell88

gkell88 LawnSite Member

You guys all know areas where you just can't seem to get a foothold? We have several nice areas in our metro area where we generate virtually no business, and I'm not sure why.

I'm thinking about offering some kind of 2 app special for a flat fee in these neighborhoods. I think it may be risky because of variable property sizes, but my thinking is if we can get some of them, we can keep them.

My 2 apps would be designed to give them some weed control and send the lawn into summer looking good. Hopefully we can build on that.

If we try this, we will pass out flyers in these neighborhoods, and see what happens.

What do you think? Any other advice on how to break in to these subdivision fortresses? :)

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Try anything, I have done direct mailing with postcards, and flyers, billboard advertisement, web site, door to door selling everything.

Just keep plugging away bit by bit. Stress what is good about you compared to other companies. Tell them things they want to hear, not what you want to hear. Once you get in one, the rest will soon to follow once they sell you on site doing quality work.