Another Mower Q...I know....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Currently I am using a Gravely 34z, it does a great job overall, but having the non-floating deck i am running into a few scalping issues. Now I am a bit concerned about the scalping, though its not many but 1 time for me is enough...I have been trying to get the hang of lifting the deck as I am going up mounds, hills, uneven areas, but it just seems like there should be an easier way... I was looking at the Cub Cadet Z-Wing 48 Rider, the sides of this baby fold up with a switch to fit in the gates (which is why I really like my 34z), most if not all my current clients have gates without the large access gates, so only a 36'' at best. What are your thoughts on the Z-Wing 48 Rider Click Here

it was either that one, or the exmark Phaser
    Thanks

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If your scalping the mound its cause your going over the highest point. Try cuttting the left side then the right. If you have a crew have them trim the highest point first.

3. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

If there's any doubt in your mind that a scalp will occur, and it's at an isolated small area, just scynth around it with the trimmer. A little extra time could save you a lost job.