Another MP Thread

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I have a yard I want to fix w/ MPs....he has (17) 1804s on one zone and it works for chit as you can imagine...

I will need about 14 of the MPs to replace these..part of the yard is a strip that will need 7 heads...

Will I have a problem with the initial flush of these MPs do youthink?

My GPM will be waaay less with these than what he has..but I'm always worried about that initial flush....and it is unknown to me in the case of the MPs...

Thanks in advance.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

You posted at almost 9:00, shouldn't you be out working? Oh wait, what am I doing at home? Never mind, never posted!! You never saw me here!!

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see a problem, Tony, those built-in filters work great, as does the MP!

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know what you mean by "initial flush" (unless you're referring to flushing out the lines after you move/cap existing sprinkler bodies, etc.) but they should work fine. I just renovated a zone that was having undue low domestic pressure problems coupled with crappy spacings and design and they're all working great. We installed 18 Hunter I-Sprays and yanked the poorly spaced contractor PGJ crappola and they all flushed out fine. Then we set the MPRs and they all popped up and merrily went about their way.

5. The flush stage when the valve first comes on....

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

anyone know where to look up @ the mp rotor specs?

7. Mike Leary

www.mprotator.com:cool2:

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

spank you mike..

btw-i miss sheshrubbler.

9. Mike Leary

She can see us, but we can't see her......musta been quite a series of posts!

10. Purp-I have found that the Hunter Is have a lot of blow by. The 12" ones really put out a lot of water during popping up and down. For someone accustomed to RBs which have virtually none it was disappointing. Had my fling with Hunter Is back to RB.