Another new Fastrak owner--Fantastic!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ClipperZ, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ClipperZ

ClipperZ LawnSite Member

Pj (and the rest of you on LS)--

After what seemed like endless cogitation, demos and research, I finally bought a new 2005 Fastrak 16/44 yesterday. WOW!

The 16hp far exceeds my needs and expectations for my yard and use. No need for a larger engine. I was the cutting fool yesterday, driving the new mower around to several friends to cut their yards. I had to play with the new toy, you understand.

I ran into some mild slopes and some really gnarly tall fescue and the machine never slowed, burped or clumped. Everyone loved the finished look and it took me no time at all. This mower is a dream for anyone who likes to cut grass and demands a manicured look when finished.

I want to thank all of you who so freely offer your advice and experience on Lawnsite.com. This is a deep well of information and good will for anyone involved in home or commercial lawn care.

Pj, I especially want to thank you for your patience, professionalism and support in answering mine and others' questions. I could only hope that other companies might have someone like you to represent them to the world. I know everyone here agrees.

My dealer, Terry's Tool Rental in Cumming, GA (just north of Atlanta) deserves a plug. They are honest, knowledgeable, very helpful and have good prices. I visited several Hustler dealers around Atlanta over several weeks and they went to the top of the list. Very highly recommended.

Finally, Pj, is there any truth to the prediction that there will be a rear bagger for the Fastrak like the system available for the Mini Fastrak (no blower)? My dealer said that one should be available by June or maybe July. If true, I will wait; if not, then I will buy an Accelerator. (I demoed the Hustler bagger on the Mini Fastrak and it is really excellent. I would love one like it for the Fastrak.)

Thanks again to all who helped--whether you knew it or not.

Now I'm just anxiously waiting for the grass to grow,

Jim

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the family!
    Congrats on your new toy... umm.... I mean mower....
    Thank you very much for the kind words.

Pj

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey clipperz, mind sharing the price you paid for that Fasttrack? I just saw Terry's as a dealer in this area, I never knew there was a Hustler dealer in Cumming.

4. ClipperZ

ClipperZ LawnSite Member

brucec32--

I paid $4299 for a Fastrak 16/42 which was an additional $100 discount off of the current rebate.

What I liked about this dealer was the willingness to provide a variety of demos and to answer a lot of questions. Terry Nix is a real gentleman and his staff members are courteous, knowledgeable and helpful.

I hope this helps,

Jim

5. sandman98

sandman98 LawnSite Member

clipper z--

i, too, am looking at the 44" fastrak. you said the 16hp "exceeds my needs and expectations..." how much land do you need to cut? the reason i'm asking is i have about 1.5 acres of flat (relatively) lawn, and was nearly sold on the 18/44. any thoughts on this?

6. ClipperZ

ClipperZ LawnSite Member

Sandman98--

I was set to buy the Mini Fastrak 16/42 and then fell in love with the Fastrak. Like you, I thought I needed the 18hp because of the added weight and deck width. The dealer had a 16hp on the lot which I tried out and it has more power than I ever imagined.

I cut a number of friends and neighbors yards with it just for fun, two of more than 1.5 acres. I encountered some mild slopes and some really thick, heavy, wet fescue. The 16hp machine never slowed or showed any signs of strain. It left a beautiful cut and was plenty fast. I was really surprised. I kept the $200 for the 18hp engine in my pocket, kept the 16/44 and have not looked back.

Now, after even more experience, the decision holds and I would buy the 16/44 again. It is really sweet.

Bottom line to me, the 16hp is more than fine. If I were concerned still, then maybe a jump to the 18/52 or 20/52 would be better for you. I read where the Hustler 20/52 is their best-selling mower.

I hope this helps,

Jim