another new guy

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by executive property maintenance, Jan 20, 2008.

1. executive property maintenance

executive property maintenance LawnSite Member

i m new been thinking about doing lawn care for years but now im tring to get serious so i plow now will that insurance cover me for any lawn care and my next big question is what should i buy new and what can i buy used or should i just buy new now and know i have reliable equipment

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

wow, to start, put a period in that long sentence so it makes sense. next, look up your insurance papers to see what it covers rather than asking a punch of people that have no idea abour your plan. then come up with plan based on how much money you have and how much work you would like to get before deciding on whether or not to buy new

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Well said ... in other words, just follow the basic steps to establish any new business !!

4. executive property maintenance

5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Weymouth huh? I was stationed at the So. Weymouth NAS in 76-77. Nice town, was married in Rockland. I would buy quality used equip. first, start with a WB and buy new handhelds, you will need to get separate insurance as well and also get your business license, pick a name etc.
    Good luck young man.
    GO GIANTS! GO YANKEES!
    Semper FI!:usflag:

6. executive property maintenance

well yhat was the advice i was looking for cant figure how to get business licese on state web site, for sole proprietor,but im going to town hall see if they can help me. i live right across from air base been closed for years now. there building condos over there like every where else :waving:

7. LawnCare_EMT

LawnCare_EMT LawnSite Member

The County Court House will be able to provide you with a DBA. I started out with all used equip and just took it one contract at a time till eventually I was able to purchase all new equipment. Pawn shops are the way to go if you are good at talking people down, which should be no problem since you are a businessman right? Should have no problem finding good used equipment with low hours.

8. executive property maintenance

so getting a dba will that mean no one else can have the same name? it wuldnt bother me but i dont want anyone to think im trying to ''copy'' them. should i buy used commercial equipment,or residential? realy the only thing i wouldnt buy new would be trailor and mower i figure the small things arent worth buying used