Another New Lesco

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DSLND, Jul 12, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I will tell you, I am very satisfied with Lesco products.

I have been thinking about getting a 32 or a 36" WB for some time. But I just bought that new 21", so I wanted to make sure that payed for itself a few times before I spent more money.

70% of my properties are small, previously serviced with the 21" mower.

As I grow my business, I need to become more and more effecient, and I think I found the key.

I started at my Toro dealer, pricing 32/36" WB's. They wanted $2895 for a 32" fixed deck/gear drive, and another $200 for a catcher. I thought that was a little pricey, but I was willing to pay it if I didn't find another machine.

So a few days later, I was at my Lesco dealer, picking up blades, and they had a 32" on display. I asked my dealer, Matt, "What's the price on that unit?". He smiled, and said "we're trying to get rid of them". Ends up they wanted $2k for a 15hp/32" WB. I told him I would be back. I called up there Thursday, and told him to get the catcher ready, and I would be up Friday.

So I bought it. I paid $2k for the mower, and $120 for the catcher. A great deal if you ask me!

Today was the first day using the mower.... and I can't believe I have gone this far without one!

But as always, I AM IN NEED OF A BIGGER TRAILER! lol

I hope to wait until Xmas break to go get a new enclosed trailer, and then over break I have something to do (put all of my racks inside, etc.)

Here are some pictures, and please note, the bungee cords were only used today, I left my ratchet straps somewhere... I just don't know where. Off to TSC tomorrow, to get some new ones:laugh:

Have a great night!

-Mitch-

Truck-36 006.jpg

2. DSLND

Another One....

Truck-36 007.jpg

3. DSLND

Last One...

Truck-36 008.jpg

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I really need to find a 32" mower... Also, that looks like a very efficient equipment setup.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Sem like you like lesco now!!...Thats great..I sometimes wish i had a 32 and not my 36.

6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Nice addition Mitch! Yep, a new trailer is definitely needed! Good luck with your Lescos, I've never used one before, but I heard they are durable.

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice mower Mitch, you really got that trailer packed lol

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Nice mower, did you say it was hydro or gear? But why would you cramp your trailer up even more and haul around a 21" mower now? Put that little 21" mower in your garage or sell it and forget about it!

9. DSLND

Thanks for the comments.

The mower is gear driven, my 48" is hydro.

I still need the 21" mower. I have a few incredibly small yards where even a 32" is too much, and its just nice to have, especially if I just have a small area to mow, and its more hassle to get the 32" off than to just fire up the 21".

Thanks!

-Mitch-

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Would the 21 and 32 fit side by side, behind the 48? It would save having to turn them sideways all the time...